Monday, December 21, 2009

I am still uncomfortable with the idea of putting my thoughts out in the open where anyone can read them. I am an extremely private person. However, with that said, the skills that I've learned in this music tech class have definitely allowed me to open up and make more connections. This has been a surprise, since I used to think that technology was creating distance between people. Meeting someone face to face has become less and less necessary. I still feel that each new generation is lacking in basic people skills that allow us to empathize with other human beings. There is much to be said for connecting facial expressions with speech pattern and tone of voice. It's enough to keep a person up at night! But these thoughts don't worry me as much as they used to.
Taking this class has really forced me to become more comfortable with technology and it's infinite possibilities. I also find myself reaching out to friends that I haven't talked to in quite some time. My new iphone and laptop are especially handy for email and texting throughout the day. I'm sure admitting that I was that technologically inept makes me sound ridiculous, but I could care less. I take pride in showing my tech assignments to friends and family and watching their surprised expressions. Surprise, because I've learned to to things that they have never done. I look forward to continuing my technological journey. I still don't think of myself as the kind of person who will ever enjoy facebook or twitter, but you never know.

No comments:

Post a Comment