Monday, December 21, 2009

For the movie assignments, I used still shots of my garden spanning early spring to late summer and moving images of my baby chicks. The garden movie is titled "Birth of a Garden" and turned out to be far too long. However, once I chose all my images and my movie was nearly 10 minutes in length, I had a really hard time getting rid of my carefully selected images. At that point, it was all I could do to cut the thing down to five minutes. I used an antiquing effect in the beginning to emphasize the colorless and somewhat bleak look the garden has in the early stages of spring. For many of the summer images, I adjusted color contrast to make the images appear brighter, and to give the colors more depth.
My second movie was of my chickens when they were around 5 weeks of age and still in my living room. What a mess! They were in the awkward in between stages of losing their baby fluff and and new feather growth. I didn't alter the video in any way, but I did record the Bob Marley song "Three Birds" from my itunes library with Wire Tap Pro. My husband and I took some cute videos of our Huskies enjoying the big snow this weekend, which he then used for his second movie. I love the fact that because of this class, there are so many things I now know how to do with images and video. Now some of our pets are up on YOUTUBE

No comments:

Post a Comment