Monday, December 21, 2009

One aspect of learning all these new programs and techniques such as Gif builder, Photoshop, Audacity, Finale, and Flash is the amount of time it usually takes me to complete certain projects and figure things out. While I know that this is all part of the process, and I will most likely come out better for having spent the time, it can be frustrating. It's always some tiny detail like a missing symbol in my html code, or a misspelled title that tends to trip me up. Also, I get tired of constantly having to re-upload into the new public file every time I need to change one small thing. I look forward to working with Dreamweaver in the future, at which time I will surely appreciate the fact that I understand the HTML code. Despite these small frustrations I'm truly enjoying the artistic aspect to the class. I have always loved painting, sculpture and any craft I could get my hand on. These new techniques give me a whole new medium with which to work.
I have found the iphone to be a surprisingly creative outlet. My favorite apps are sketches and the ocarina. The first time I tried sketches, I couldn't believe the amount of detail it allowed me to create with a fingertip. What an amazing little device.

No comments:

Post a Comment