Monday, December 21, 2009

I decided to change the subject of my final project. I originally intended to make a movie based on the Debussy string quartet I was playing this semester. I absolutely adore the music and thoroughly enjoyed playing it, but for some reason did not feel inspired to make a movie about the experience. Instead, I chose to make a movie about a subject that is especially meaningful to me. My relationship with my younger and only sister is strengthened by our love of music and the fact that we are both cellists. Many of my most joyous musical moments have been playing cello with my sister, Rosie. More so then any solo, symphony, or chamber experience. There is nothing better! I have never been able to match the connection we share when we play together with any other musician, which is why my final project will have several small recordings of us playing duets. Due to the fact that my sister lives in Ohio, I had to wait until she came home for the holidays this weekend before I could record the videos and start my project. I was able to borrow some very fine recording equipment from her boyfriend and despite the informal nature of our performance(in the dining room), the audio actually turned out pretty well. Although invisible for the majority of the performance, we have an audience of 4 bengal cats and 3 dogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment